Online Western Teachers
At present, First Future's recruitment priority is for native English-speaking teachers from North America, Britain, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand. This is due to the demands of First Future’s clients, and their HR department are not currently accepting applications from South African and non-native English speakers, as there is a very long waiting list.
- At least 12 months' relevant teaching experience, either online or classroom-based
- A degree and a TEFL certificate are preferred
- TEFL certificate not required for teachers with 2+ years' experience
- Degree not required for teachers with CELTA or Trinity Cert. TESOL. We may also take other academic pathways into account in place of a full degree
- Fixed-cable internet connection (i.e ethernet) of more than 5 Mbps download & 2 Mbps upload ... the work cannot be performed with a Wi-Fi connection
- Laptop or desktop PC ... the work cannot be performed on a tablet or phone
- High-quality USB headset and webcam
- You must be available to start on a fixed project within 2 - 4 weeks of applying
- You must be able to work in a quiet place, with a suitable background - either completely clear, or with images relevant to teaching English
- Clear speaking voice, with no strong regional accent that students may find difficult
- Able to come across as lively and friendly on camera
- Happy to teach a mix of children, adults, 1-on-1 and group classes
!! Please do not apply unless you have all of the above now !!
Things move swiftly at First Future, and to maintain efficiency we are very strict upon applicants being fully prepared and equipped before the initial interview. If you're not available to teach on a fixed project for a while, or don't yet have a USB headset or cabled internet connection ... please do not apply until you meet these requirements.
1. CLICK HERE to download our CV Form
2. Record a 30 - 40 second video introduction
Please email these 2 items to email@example.com (no cover letter needed)
Your video introduction will be shown to First Future's Partner Schools and their students, so it's important to make it appealing. You don't need to wear a headset for this. Wear bright colours, have an interesting background, use props such as toys, be lively in your use of body language, and most of all ... smile :-)
We are looking for teachers who are animated and engaging ... make sure that your video demonstrates this.
Your video should be around 30 - 40 seconds in length. Longer videos will be rejected.
The video on this page is an excellent example of the kind of thing we're looking for. Also, here is an example script. No need to follow it exactly ... It's just here as a guide.
Hello, [nice big wave and smile]
My name is …. and I love to teach English and share my knowledge of western culture with young students.
My degree is in … and I have also worked … (mention some of your work experience).
My hobbies are … (open up about this and say what you enjoy doing)
I believe the most effective way to feel comfortable and confident with learning English is to enjoy having conversations with a teacher who guides students in lessons that are fun and interesting, with plenty of congratulations [display the “Thumbs-Up”] and corrections where necessary!
I am friendly [big smile], motivated, funny [open hands up] and more importantly patient.
And I love to teach children! [another big smile with a pause]
I hope and look forward to seeing you or your students [big smile], in one of my classes soon.
Bye [keep smiling and give a nice wave]
!! Look at the camera ... eye contact !!